TIDLUND IT Consulting’s Mission
Solving your Mainframe computing problems is TIDLUND IT Consulting’s primary mission. With over 28 years of experience in the Information Technology field, TIDLUND IT Consulting has a wide breadth of knowledge that can be used to assist with any Mainframe-related project.
AREAS of experience
TIDLUND IT Consulting has many different areas of experience:
– OPERATING SYSTEMS – Twenty-eight years of z/OS operating system support means that TIDLUND IT Consulting has deep knowledge of this, the primary Mainframe operating system. In addition, we have over ten years of support of the z/VM and Linux on zSeries operating systems.
– HARDWARE SUPPORT – Computer hardware requires upgrades on a regular basis. TIDLUND IT Consulting can assist with configuring and installing a new System z processor.
- PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES – Over the years, many zSeries Assembler exits have been written and developed to enhance the capabilities of the z/OS and z/VM environments. In addition, other programs have been written in REXX, Linux Shell script, and SAS.
– DISASTER RECOVERY SERVICES – Disaster Recovery Services have been an integral part of any Mainframe environment for many years. As such, this is a well developed field and TIDLUND IT Consulting can assist with setting up a DRS environment and testing its completeness.
– SECURITY – The Mainframe operating systems are known for their security capabilities. TIDLUND IT Consulting has experience with the two major z/OS / z/VM Security products – IBM’s Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) and Computer Associates’ Top Secret (TSS) – and is able to assist with configuring the security settings to protect a customer’s environment from both ethical (security audits) and unethical hackers.
– TEAM LEADERSHIP - Though not directly related to Mainframe operating systems, TIDLUND IT Consulting has over ten years of experience leading a team of technical analysts – monitoring their work schedules, task assignments, annual performance reviews and general mentoring.
– PROJECT MANAGEMENT - The ability to lead a project is important in the Mainframe environment. Twenty years of operating system and processor upgrades means there is plenty of experience in TIDLUND IT Consulting as a project team member and a project leader. The primary member of TIDLUND IT Consulting is now a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). See http://www.pmi.org/Certification/Certified-Associate-in-Project-Management-CAPM.aspx. “PMI™s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. Designed for those with little or no project experience, the CAPM® demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management.”